Have you heard of cold brew coffee? Well, cold steeped tea is an equivalent that you can make easily customizable at home. Cold steeped tea (cold brew tea) is a method very similar to making a tradition cup of tea, but with the water heating process removed. Cold steeped tea is often confused with iced tea, but the two are different though equally refreshing.
Cold steeping tea gives a light-bodied flavor and is incredibly easy to make, with just about any variation of flavor a possibility. Cold steeped teas can be made in as little as two hours, or if you prefer a bolder flavor, up to 12. Read on for Dr. Igor’s Strawberry Mango Citrus Chamomile Cold Steeped Tea!
If you are looking for a simple way to take the therapeutic aspect of this tea to the next level, add a dropper full of your Blue Ribbon Hemp’s Broad-Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil in mango flavor, carefully crafted with seniors in mind, and the perfect addition to this tea recipe.
Strawberry Mango Citrus Chamomile Cold Steeped Tea
Total: 12-24 hours
Prep: 3 minutes
Makes: 8 cups
- 6 strawberries, halved
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into big chunks
- 6 calamansi / kumquats / key limes, halved, unpeeled
- 1 lemon, halved, unpeeled
- 3 star anise
- 3 bags of chamomile citrus tea
- 8 cups / 64 fl.oz of filtered water
1.) Gather all the ingredients, place them in an 8 cup mason jar or pitcher, and top it off with cold filtered water. Store it in the refrigerator for 12 hours minimum and up to 24 hours for best results.
- Strawberries improve your immune system with the high amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants in them.
- Look to lemons and other citruses for kidney stone treatment. Citric acid may help stop the formation of kidney stones by increasing the pH in your urine, and the duration you expel it.
- Chamomile is excellent for calming the nerves in your body that can promote better sleep and may be able to treat insomnia. Related: Check here for CBD Seniors Guide to CBD and Insomnia.
- Consuming star anise after eating can act as a natural digestif. This spice can reduce nausea, relieve bloating, improve digestion and can help treat stomach cramps.
Related: Are you curious about CBD and how it could benefit you as a senior citizen? Click here to learn more about how CBD could get you happy without getting you high.