Are you bored of baking sourdough yet? Fear not! We have a brand new recipe for you – this Fluffy Hemp Heart and Sesame Keto friendly Loaf is the best thing since sliced bread, and slices easy itself, so really it is just the best. Read on for this easy to follow baked loaf recipe!
Whether you are an avid baker or just want to try something new in the kitchen, this keto-friendly loaf is a great and versatile option. It is packed with nutrients from the hemp hearts, almond flour, eggs and sesame seeds. Hemp hearts are a great source of protein as well as heart-healthy amino acids and fats. Being keto, this recipe is already a great healthy take on bread, but adding in hemp hearts and sesame makes this an even better choice for foods that can help lower blood pressure and fight the risk of heart disease. A ketogenic diet focuses on low-carb and high healthy-fat, moving the body from burning carbs to fat for energy. Sesame seeds and hemp hearts provide a great amount of healthy fats for your body to get energy from, while aiding in your overall health, not to mention they taste great and add some beautiful texture too. Hemp hearts surely do live up to their name!
Serve this tasty bread up as a side to dinner, the slices of a sandwich or toasted with butter for breakfast. This versatile loaf will become your go-to baked good; healthy and tasty alike!
Ready in 50 minutes
Makes 12 slices
- 6 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ cup ghee, melted
- 1-½ cups of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 + more for topping, tablespoon hemp heart
- 1 + more for topping, tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Whisk the whites with the cream of tartar with an electric beater until its frothy and small peaks form. Add the yolks and ghee and beat for one or two seconds just to combine.
- Carefully fold the almond flour, baking powder, salt, hemp hearts and sesame seeds into the egg mixture.
- Generously grease with cooking oil spray or more ghee an 8 inch by 4 inch rectangular loaf pan. Pour the batter in and level the top out with a spatula. Encrust the top of the batter with a generous helping of hemp heart and sesame seeds, as well as flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the middle rack of the oven. When it’s done, poke the loaf with a toothpick or skewer. When it comes out clean, it is done. Let it rest for 5 minutes in the pan. Flip the loaf onto a cutting board or surface and then continue cooling on a wire rack for another 10 minutes.
- Slice into it with a really sharp knife and enjoy!
- Apply a little elbow grease and use a metal whisk if you don’t have an electric one.
- Beating the whites and the yolks separately, combined with the cream of tartar, are essential in creating the irresistible fluffy white bread like texture that keto-ists miss so dearly
- Use this recipe like you normally would with sliced bread for sandwiches, crostinis, toast or just eat it as is with a pat of room temperature butter
Related: Are you a kitchen connoisseur curious about cooking with CBD? Click here to learn more about the benefits and some tips and tricks for getting started!