These tortillas are made similarly to crepes and are so versatile, easy to make, and delicious. Most importantly however, they are incredibly healthy. Use them for tacos, quesadillas or as the perfect vessel for scooping dips sauces or stews. I recently used these for some vegan squash and hibiscus quesadillas, and would 10 out of 10 recommend! The crumb and texture of these tortillas are truly on point with any tortilla in the game.
Tigernut Hemp Oil Homemade Tortillas
Yields: 12 Tortillas
Tigernut Flour, 1 Cup
Arrowroot Starch, 1/2 Cup
Water, 1 Cup
Hemp Oil, 2 Tbsp
Coconut Oil, 4 Tbsp
Kosher Salt, 1 Tbsp
- Melt fat together in medium saucepan, add water and bring to a low simmer.
- Turn off heat and add flour, starch and salt. Add more water if necessary to achieve a pourable batter.
- Mix well and move to a bowl or measuring cup for easy pour-ability.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or cast iron over medium heat and add a teaspoon of fat or a spray of pan spray to the pan before pouring 2oz of batter and evenly spreading as thinly as possibly into a circle.
- Cook for 1 minute or until tortilla begins to bubble in the middle before flipping and continuing to cook for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove from heat and fill, roll, eat up and enjoy!
Related: Are you new to CBD and trying to figure out what product is the right choice for you? Click here to learn more about choosing the right form of CBD for your every need.