Dessert with a delightful after effect.
Everyone loves dessert, but we often try to limit how much of it we allow ourselves to consume. Desserts are typically packed with white sugar and little nutrition. But the baking sheet has turned – enter these delicious and nutritious Vegan Chocolate Cookies made with almond flour and cannaflour for an extra boost if you choose.
Cannaflour is probably exactly what you are thinking it is – a cannabis “infused” flour. Cannaflour can be made by combining dried cannabis flower, ground very finely to any flour of your choice. Cannaflour can be used to make your own edibles at home, allowing you to regulate how much active ingredient is being used. To make your own cannaflour at home, first decarbonize your cannabis (bake it in the oven 40 minutes, rotating every ten minutes, at 115 degrees on a baking sheet, remove and allow to cool), then grind your cannabis until super fine a food processor or blender. Combine ground cannabis to flour of your choice and store in a dark, dry place. (2:1 ratio of flour to cannabis).
These vegan cookies are low in carbs but high in flavor. Made with melted chocolate chips and vanilla extract, these cookies are the perfect dessert option for those looking to limit sugar but enjoy something sweet. If you don’t wish to use cannaflour in your recipe, substitute with two extra tablespoons of almond flour. In addition, if you want to add a little extra therapeutic effects to your cookies, add one dropper full of your favorite CBD oil to the wet ingredients in step two of the instructions.
Ready in 120 minutes
Makes 12 cookies
- 1-½ Cups blanched finely ground almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cannaflour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup vegan butter, softened
- ⅛ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup stevia / sweetener
- ½ cup lily’s chocolate chips, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the almond flour, cannaflour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- In a different bowl, beat together the eggs, softened vegan butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sweetener for a minute. (Click here for a great CBD oil to add to this recipe)
- With a spatula, combine the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold in the melted chocolate and refrigerate the dough for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Form into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once taken out of the oven, carefully remove the cookies onto a rack to cool completely.
For a fudgy texture these are a must:
- Refrigerating the dough
- Beating the sweetener, egg and fat together
- Separating the dry and wet instead of dumping all the ingredients together
- Removing the cookies off the sheet pan it baked in once done