When the next sweet tooth craving strikes, remember this recipe. Dr. Igor’s 5-Layer Raw Bars are the perfect sweet treat to satisfy, without breaking the healthy eating habits you’ve developed. Layered from the bottom up with crunchy hemp hearts and toasted nuts, carob avocado mousse, homemade coconut cream and topped with an almond maple hemp crunch, this is one dessert recipe that has something for everyone.
Packed with wholesome ingredients like hemp hearts, dates, ripe avocados, coconut milk and a variety of nuts, this is a truly health based sweet tooth satisfier. Hemp hearts are known for their high levels of minerals and antioxidant properties, great for heart health, cholesterol and a great source of plant protein. Combined with coconut and carob chips, healthy meets delicious. Read on for Dr. Igor’s 5-Layer Hemp Heart German Chocolate Raw Bars recipe.
Layer 1 (“Crust” )
Sliced Almonds, 1/2 Cup Toasted
Barukas Nuts, 1/2 Cup Toasted
Hemp Hearts, 1/4 Cup
Shredded Coconut 1/4 Cup Toasted
Medool Dates, 5 Pitted
Kosher Salt, 1 Tbsp
Layer 2 (Avocado Carob Mousse)
Avocados, 3 Ripe
Carob Chips, 1/2 Cups
Carob Powder, 1/4 Cup
Allulose Sweetner, 1/2 Cup
Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
Coconut Oil, 1Tbsp
Layer 3 (Carob Chips)
Carob Chips, 1/2 Cups
Layer 4 (Coconut Cream)
Soaked Cashews, 1 Cup
Lemon Juice, 1 tsp
Coconut Extract, 2 tsp
Full-fat Coconut Milk, 3 Tbsp
Sweetened Coconut Shreds, 1 Cup
Coconut Condensed Milk, 1/4 Cup
Layer 5 (Almond Maple Hemp Crunch)
Sliced Almonds, 1/4 Cup
Hemp Hearts, 1/2 Cup
Shredded Coconut, 1 Cup
Maple Syrup, 1/4 Cup
- Line a 9X9 pan with parchment or non-stick foil.
- Layer 1– Using a food processor combine all ingredients until a coarsely chopped rough dough is formed. Using gloves press the base layer evenly into to bottom of the lined pan. Set in freezer for 10 minutes while prepping next layer.
- Layer 2 – In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients and blend until completely smooth. Using a rubber spatula spread mousse evenly across the crust. Set in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Layer 3 – Sprinkle Carob chips in an even layer throughout mousse.
- Layer 4 – Using a blender or food processor blend cashews, lemon juice, extract and coconut milk until fully smooth. In a medium bowl combine cashew mixture, coconut shreds and coconut condensed milk. Again, evenly spread over previous layer and set in freezer.
- Layer 5 – Together on a lined sheet tray or in a sauté pan, toast the sliced almonds, hemp hearts, and shredded coconut until golden brown and fragrant. Add maple syrup to mixture once almost completely cooled and use to top the bars evenly.
- For a final flavor popping layer I like to finish with a sprinkle of flaky finishing salt. (Sneaky sixth layer!) Set the bars for a final 20 minutes in the freezer and then slice into squares and enjoy!