Roasted Spaghetti Squash Salad with Julienned & Spiralized Vegetables tossed with Herbs, Sautéed Shiitake Mushrooms and a Ginger Peanut Cashew Dressing
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Allergens: peanuts, seeds, tree nuts
Say goodbye to boring salads because this recipe is one of the best you’ll ever try! This veggie noodle salad has so many different types of textures, flavors and colors, providing you with an array of vitamins and minerals from many different plant food sources. This tasty nutrient dense dish is the perfect way to incorporate local seasonal produce into your diet.
This recipe is a great way to utilize any nifty peeler device, a mandolin, a vegetable slicer, a box grater or veggie spiralizers you have on hand for a quick and easy way to process your vegetables. Eating a salad has never been this much fun!
Related: Could CBD aid in your weight-loss journey? Click here to learn more.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 large or 2 small zucchinis, spiralized
- ½ large (1 medium) green or unripe papaya, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ head of green cabbage, shredded
- ¼ head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 cucumber, spiralized
- 1 watermelon radish, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 oz shiitake mushrooms, de-stemmed and sliced
- Hemp oil for cooking
- Salt for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of hemp oil
- ¼ cup of cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons of peanut powder or 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of coco aminos
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, peeled
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Dropper-full CBD Oil (Optional)
- Peanuts, pecans, hemp hearts, fresh herbs
1.) Squash: Preheat an oven to 400F. Cut the spaghetti squash in two and poke holes all over the skin and flesh sides. Season the squash with a tablespoon of hemp oil and a teaspoon of salt. Place the squash flesh side down on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the flesh is cooked. Test the flesh by shredding it with a fork and if it comes out easily, it is done.
2.) Mushrooms: Sauté the shiitakes in a hot pan with hemp oil set to medium high flame for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Season with salt and set aside.
3.) Dressing: In a small blender, add the cashew butter, peanut powder, coco aminos, honey, lime, water, garlic, ginger and salt. Blend everything into a smooth consistency.
4.) Veggies: Gather all your produce and start breaking them down while you wait for the squash to cook. Use your spiralizer for the zucchini and cucumber to create noodles and everything else can be thinly sliced or shredded with a mandolin or box grater. When the spaghetti squash is done shred them apart with two forks.
5.) Assemble: Using a big salad bowl, toss all the vegetables with half of the dressing. Garnish with toasted peanuts, pecans, hemp hearts and/or more herbs. Serve the rest of the dressing on the side and enjoy!
- Storing and shelf life: This salad is best served and eaten right away. If you want to save the leftovers, separate the veggies from the dressing and store in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 2 days maximum for optimum freshness.
- Customize this salad to your liking with any of these other options: Bell peppers, romaine lettuce, yellow squash, green mango, thai basil, tomatoes, red onions, snap peas, snow peas, shredded brussel sprouts, leeks, shredded broccoli with the stem, beets, button mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, etc.
- How can I make the dressing if I don’t have a blender? Mince the garlic and ginger very finely, microwave the cashew butter for 10 seconds to soften, and whisk everything together in a bowl to combine.