Plant-Based Vegetable Dip with Soft Herbs, Almond Milk Yogurt & Hemp Oil
Total Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 10 servings (about 2.5 cups of dip)
Allergens: seeds, tree nuts
Go to your local farmer’s market and purchase the freshest, in season produce you can find and pair it with this vegan green goddess dip with creamy hass avocados that is delicious on every single vegetable!
This extremely easy to make appetizer is perfect as a snack to go alongside your favorite dippers like veggie sticks, crackers, olives and bread, or as a dressing to give your favorite bowl of salad a tangy lift.
Related: Want to up the ante on this recipe even more? Simply add a dropper-full of your favorite CBD oil to the food processor in step two and blend away. Click here for a great citrusy CBD oil to consider adding to this recipe.
- 1 large hass avocado, pitted
- 1 cup of unsweetened plant-based almond milk yogurt (I used kite hill)
- ¼ cup of parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup of basil, chopped
- ¼ cup of chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon of hemp oil
- 2 teaspoons of capers
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of white pepper
1.) Gather all the ingredients for the dip.
2.) Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
3.) Serve the dip with your favorite vegetables and crackers on a big platter or charcuterie board. Enjoy!
- Storing and shelf life: keep in an airtight container or a mason jar for up to 3 days or until the green hue of the avocado in the dip oxidizes in the refrigerator.
- Mincing the chives, parsley, basil and garlic before blending everything together will avoid big clumps of garlic and stringy herbs in your dip.
- If you are okay with dairy, go ahead and use your favorite brand of unsweetened plain yogurt from cow’s milk.
- What other types of plant-based yogurts can I use if I cannot find almond milk yogurt? There are plenty of vegan brands of yogurt out there nowadays so if you can’t find the kite hill brand I used in this recipe, try using another unsweetened plain yogurt made from plant milks like cashew milk yogurt, coconut milk yogurt, soy milk yogurt or hemp milk yogurt. Personally, I think almond milk yogurt tastes the best in this recipe, but feel free to taste all other possible combos!
- Can I use other green herbs in this recipe? Cilantro, tarragon, dill and chervil work great in this green goddess dip too.
Related: Are you curious about cooking with CBD oil? Click here for a comprehensive beginner’s guide to cooking with CBD.