The perfect summer salad, with an added superfood kick. This delicious salad is refreshing and light, the perfect summertime meal, packed with veggies, farro, luscious spices and a beautiful turmeric dressing. Read on for our recipe and tips for getting your most servable salad made right from home!
When it comes to eating a salad, some people feel like they are settling for rabbit food. This superfood salad will have minds changed in a instant. Made with a variety of leafy greens, freshly chopped veggies, nuts, seeds and a boost in texture with farro. This salad lacks nothing in not only flavor, but also protein, topped with hemp hearts and avocado, both packed with heart healthy fats and vital amino acids. Taking superfood to a new level!
If you are looking to add even a little something extra to this already amazing recipe, consider adding your favorite CBD oilto your dressing. A dropper full of CBD tincture can add some sought after therapeutic properties to your meal, whether you are looking for pain management or stress relief, cooking with CBD can be a fun way to consume. Simply add your tincture to the food processor in step 3, and follow next steps!
Ready 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 8 leaves kale, washed, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 cup wild arugula
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 perisan cucumbers. Sliced in coins
- ½ carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 small radishes, sliced thinly into coins
- ½ cup of cooked farro (quick cooking farro)
- ½ cup dried sweet cranberries
- ¼ cup almonds, slivered or chopped
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 large hass avocado, de-seeded, quartered, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- ½ cup vegan sour cream or greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons hemp seed oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 4 anchovy fillets
- ¼ cup of parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried turmeric
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1-½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- Cook farro in water as instructed by the packaging, about 15 minutes or until tender but still has a little bite.
- While the farro is working, prepare the kale, arugula, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and radishes for the salad and combine in a large salad bowl. Place in the fridge until service.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and combine until smooth. (Add your CBD oil to the food processor if you please!)
- When the farro is done, drain them and rinse under cold water. Combine them with salad mix and toss everything with half of the dressing to start. If you like more of a dressed salad, add the rest. Finally, top with the cranberries, almonds, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds and avocado wedges.
- Serve and enjoy!
- For a crisp salad, make sure to dry all the veggies
- I use a quick cooking farro. It’s a great shortcut instead of using regular farro that would be ready in 30-40 minutes instead of 10-15 minutes.
- You can substitute the vegan mayonnaise and sour cream for regular versions of those products for a vegetarian version or if you don’t have them in hand
- This recipe is also great with white meat or fish. If you like, feel free to add cooked chicken breast or a roasted filet of salmon for some extra protein!