Are you ever intimidated to try a new recipe? Something out of your comfort zone of cooking? Here is your chance, your opportunity to try a recipe out that is probably easier than you expect, but just as delicious and decadent as it sounds! Read on for our King Crab, Spinach & Hemp Heart Egg Foo Young with Avocado recipe!
Egg Foo Young is an omelette style dish that originated in Chinese and Indonesian cuisine. Combining fresh eggs with avocado and king crab meat gives this recipe a ton of flavor as well as protein, healthy fats, amino acids and vitamins. Fried to a crispy perfection and topped with avocado and hemp hearts, this is a great take on a dinner you may usually have to go out for.
Hemp hearts are perhaps the most powerful health ingredient of this recipe. They are a great source of protein and can give your body a high dose of vital amino acids that can help to lower blood pressure and reduce your risk of heart disease. Hemp hearts surely live up to their name! Combining hemp hearts with spinach, crab and avocado makes this recipe a deliciously nourishing recipe that is good for your tastebuds and your health.
For tips and tricks to get started cooking with CBD oil, one step beyond simply hemp, click here for more!
Ready 30 minutes
Makes 8 portions
- 8 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup of king crab meat
- 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts
- 10 oz pack of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ inch thumb of ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1-½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 or more tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil for frying
- 2 medium sized avocados
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oyster sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and then slowly work in the coconut flour.
- Fold the crab, hemp hearts, spinach, scallions, garlic, cilantro, ginger, baking soda and salt into the egg mixture.
- In a non-stick pan, melt some ghee or coconut oil on medium heat, scoop out 2 big spoonful’s of the mixture and press down to flatten the pancake. Fry for 2 minutes on each side and until they are a little golden brown. Repeat until the batter is finished.
- De-seed, peel and slice the avocados, lay on a quarter on each pancake and top with more hemp hearts, salt and pepper. Enjoy! (If you want to add a little CBD to the mix, drizzle your favorite CBD tincture on the topped avocados for additional therapeutic properties!)
- Make sure the spinach squeezed really dry before you mix it in into the batter for a pancake consistency
- If you don’t have coconut flour, you can use cornstarch in its place